26 September 2005

ain't it funny how time passes . . .

I looked up, and I hadn't posted for a few days. Let's see . . .

Returned from the trip to Kansas - preachers behaving like preachers - when there's no one looking. We had a good time, and got a good look at the lessons for Advent. I appreciate Bob and Larry and Keith and Steve for putting up with a novice preacher for a couple of days. BTW - the Grand Central Hotel in Cottonwood Falls is a beautiful place, and they really rolled out the red carpet for us.

We Habitated Saturday a.m. Continental Resources brought out around a dozen folks and we completely sided the house in about 5 1/2 hours. They were a pleasure to work with, and frankly, it's the best siding job in the 7 houses I've been a part of.

Saturday night and Sunday afternoon was the
Enid Symphony's first performance. Maria Ferrante, soprano, was our guest artist. Wow. Can she sing. And she has a personality to go with it. As co-president, I had the privilege of welcoming our patrons to the beginning of our Centennial Season. Quite a big deal. If you take a look at the link to the symphony, make plans to come to a concert. They really are quite good.

I wrote a sermon in there sometime. Sunday morning we had a nice crowd, and 14 visitors, by my count. I love worshipping at Cornerstone. BTW#2 - the church has put together a
new blog. Still early, but all Cornerstone folks are welcome to join. Let me or Mike Kear know, and we'll get you an e-mail invitation. If you just want to read and comment (not write), you do not have to join as a writer. We're hoping it develops into another way to let the community know about Cornerstone.

Just work today - but I am starting to think about getting away for a few days for vacation. Time to slay animals. So, much work to do in three days, and get ready for a guest in the pulpit for Sunday.

Maybe more tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 27 September, 2005, Blogger Monk-in-Training said...

So.. are Preachers as bad as Monks when no one is lookin? ;)

 
At 27 September, 2005, Blogger the sojourning pilgrim said...

I suspect you may be on to something there - but I'm not divulging too much!!

 
At 28 September, 2005, Blogger the sojourning pilgrim said...

Arlene,

I have posted the scriptures for Sunday on the Pulpit blog. You'll have to do a little study on your own, or visit Cornerstone, and listen to our guest for this week - Mike Bumgarner. You'll love him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home