13 September 2005

In my next life . . .

That's actually Mom's line - I've heard it all my life - usually when things were'nt going so well for her . . .

But I got to thinking this morning, as I was getting ready for work and was watching the Senate hearings on John Roberts. I would love to study law - there is something fascinating about the kind of questions they were asking, the way those guys think, etc. And that got me to thinking - what other careers might I embark upon if I had 10 other lives to live?

So, here's my list - not in any particular order. Almost sounds like a "what do you want to be when you grow up" list . . .

1. Doctor/surgeon - I am actually most fascinated by medicine
2. Rancher - I've done enough of this to know that I might enjoy it.
3. Outdoorsman - okay, that's what I am now . . .
4. Lawyer/Judge
5. Air Force pilot/ Airline pilot/ astronaut
6. Carpenter/Builder - okay, I do this, too.
7. Stock trader
8. Seminary/college professor
9. Writer
10. Chef/own a restaurant/bistro

I'd be interested in hearing your "Top 10." Share your list with us.

3 Comments:

At 13 September, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

Gee... I don't know that I could come up with 10 but I'll do my best.

If I had 10 lives to live I would be:
1. Crime Scene Investigator
2. Actress
3. Lawyer
4. Shop owner --have some knick nacks and sidewalk cafe sorta food
5. Doctor- blood doesn't scare me so much
6. Great thinker of the time
7. Florist (you knew this would make MY list)
8. Dancer
9. Artist
10. Historian

Well, looky there, I did come up with 10.

 
At 13 September, 2005, Blogger thankyoudarlin said...

Only one on my list - who knows, maybe i'll change careers some day:
1. veterinarian
Some things you never grow out of.

 
At 14 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironically I did get my doctorate in law and I've run a practice for fifteen years; still, like you I yearn for the paths not taken:
1. author--I would love to go on a book tour and meet people all over the world.
2. actor: I have always been fascinated by the movie business.
3. Emergent "Evangelist"---not a Billy Graham really, I hunger to give the people the church traditionally forgets hope and the knowledge of who they are in HIM.
4. Gardener---few things in life make me happier than a discovering a bloom or ripe tomato that I nurtured from seed.
5. Musician---I deeply regret never learning an instrument. Music is a great passion for me.
6. Modern Art Curator: whether in a museum or a good size gallery I would love to share the love of art. (I actually owned a gallery in a town no bigger than Enid and sold virtually nothing but had fun).
7. Carpenter: Just like Jesus...
8. Artist: OK, I am already a weekend wannabe, but I would love to make a living doing this.
9. Doctor: when my church sends a group of med professionals on a mission to Mexico or to the gulf---I am jealous. They never ask me for emergency legal services...
10. Playboy photographer---only because I love the art...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home