21 September 2005

trying to improve at my craft

I'm back from the Missouri Pastor's conference. Golf on Monday morning, conference that afternoon, evening, and this morning.

Wayne Stacy was our facilitator - he did a good job. It's a little spooky watching someone who is so talented/graced at the art of crafting a sermon. It's pretty obvious he works at it a lot harder than I do, but he has a skill that I can only really aspire to - as Col. Potter said in M*A*S*H about a particular bottle of sherry, "There's not enough o's in 'smoooooooth' to describe . . ." Well, you get the idea.

Weeks like this one are good for me, though - sit back and listen to someone who's been at this longer, and knows more of what he's trying to accomplish. You come away from something like this with a few more tools, and that's really all you can ask.

BTW - Ran into Tom Dunn. No, not Dad - there's a pastor in Missouri by that name - I met him several years ago. The only conversation we had was this afternoon after the conference was over. We were in the common room, and I was facing the back window. So, he was rather sillouetted, and the shape of his head, with thinning hair . . . it was a little eerie.

I want to welcome two new bloggers. Younger friends. Take a look at Gentlewarrior and Go Barefoot. You'll like them both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home