22 September 2005

Getting out, while the getting is good

Well, round two . . . folks fleeing the Houston and Corpus Christi area in front of this storm, and for good reason. The last hurricane that I "rode out" was Alicia in 1983. I lived in Houston much to much of my life, and endured numerous hurricanes. I just knew Alicia would be the same. Wrong. That one scared me. It was a direct hit on Galveston and Houston, and if memory serves me, it wasn't near the hurricane this one is. Word of warning to those still within 100 miles of the coast - Get out. Now.

Still, watching 3 million people try to evacuate Houston puts me in mind of what it must have been like for the children of Israel to leave Egypt. Hmmm.

So, I'm sojourning north to Kansas for an overnight planning session. Several boys are meeting in Cottonwood, Kansas for a first look at Advent for this year. Isn't that like 8 weeks away still??? Oh, well. Fellowship. Then back to Enid to write the sermon on Friday night, Habitat on Saturday morning, and Symphony on Saturday night. I sure live a full and meaningfull life, huh!!

Pray for the travelers. All of them.

2 Comments:

At 22 September, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

Doc, you're about as busy as me. It's funny how we have little short cuts in life to save time only to add something else to our busy life.

Be safe!

 
At 27 September, 2005, Blogger Kim said...

Hi,
Nice blog. I'm enjoying some of your musings. Interesting thought about the people evacuating Houston being like the children of Israel leaving Egypt. Helps to put things into picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home