15 September 2005

The customer is always right?????

Are you like me - I am getting really tired of running into store owners or sales people who act as though they are doing me a huge favor my allowing me in their store, restaurant, place of business. I run across so many business people who obviously know their business, but have no idea how to treat customers. They act as though I am a complete idiot because I want to ask questions and otherwise be polite in general conversation.

A note to business people - we, your purchasing public - are not fools, and we are not a bother for you to dismiss. We are, most of us, intelligent, caring, compassionate people, and we chose your business because we thought you wanted customers. Do not treat us with condecension and disdain. We know that you have expertise, and we know that you get tired of your job and your work. But do not take it out on us - we purchase your products, which allows you to stay in business and keep eating. You like to eat, don't you . . .

There now - I feel better. A little rant never hurt nobody . . .

3 Comments:

At 15 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so who did not fall for your infamous "free dessert" con?

 
At 15 September, 2005, Blogger Dr. Mike Kear said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 16 September, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

Doc, I feel your pain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home