22 March 2006

It turns out Starbucks doesn't need a chaplain, but . . .

I did get a cup of coffee for the trouble of asking. I'll save the cup on my bookshelf, along with all the other magnificent memorabilia I keep there.

It turns out the manager knows my friend Tim Youmans. Blogging is a small world. I told her that I was just 100 yards away, and that I had been blogging about this for months. She asked my blog name, and I told her. She said, "You're friends with Tim Youmans, aren't you?" Blogging is a small world.

Another story. This last Sunday, sister Tracy was in town, and she (Thankya darlin) got to meet Leslee (Fresh Cut Flowers). A reunion of blogging pals who had never met face to face. Cool.

So, here's the spiritual twist. Lent - the spiritual discipline of - is a common (catholic) experience. We, each of us, take a look at ourselves - introspection - for the purpose of coming to a greater awareness and appreciation for the sacrifice of Christ and His resurrection. I'll let you put the rest of the story together for yourself . . .

3 Comments:

At 22 March, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

It was SO cool to meet your sister! I wish we would've had more time to sit and talk, but I know how vacations go.

I'm glad that Starbucks doesn't need a full time chaplin, who would preach to the fish?

 
At 23 March, 2006, Blogger Gary Snowden said...

Leslee makes a good point about the fish needing "evangelizing." I trust things are going well for you in the season of Lent. We're getting set to host the annual meeting of the BGCM at our church and Anne Graham Lotz will be one of the featured speakers! I'm excited about her coming. You can check out information about the meeting and other program notes at the BGCM website - www.baptistgcm.org

Gary

 
At 23 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard --

It was good to meet you the other day; meeting regulars who will be kind and patient with us as we start out is always good. Come by any time during this week while we're training, and I'll see about a few trainee-made Americanos. By the way, my blog is winderweedle.typepad.com, if you're ever in the neighborhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home