11 March 2006

The Lenten Easter

They say that every Sunday during Lent is like a little Easter. If that's the case, today I've felt a little like I'm waiting for the tomb to open, letting Jesus out so He can minister to me again.
Lent is hard work - at least the introspection part of it. After a while, you've swept out the obviously dirty corners of your life, and it's time to do the deep cleaning. That's about where I am right now. I've looked at the stuff stacked on the tables, but I've yet to go take a look under the bed, or behind the chest of drawers, or God forbid, look in the closet. Not even gonna talk about tackling the garage.
In our lives, stuff piles up. We let a little garbage start to gather, and sooner than you think, things are a real mess.
In the coming week, the students from Marquette University are going to be helping with our Habitat project. They take their spring break to come down here and help frame a house. I'm looking forward to it - they always breathe a little life into my Lenten journey.
Enjoy your little Easter tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home