04 March 2006

A Lenten thought

I went to the online devotional site I like to use during Lent, and worked my way through the material for this evening. I don't always get as much as I might out of those experiences. But this evening . . .

I wrote this week that I was wondering what to put on the marquee. My assumption was that the message of Lent would be different than the message of Epiphany.

There, tonight, on the page before me, was scripture from John which reminded me that Jesus said, "I am the light of the world."

The message of Lent builds on the message of Epiphany which builds on the Message of Christmas and Advent. It goes something like this:

You waited, in darkness, in hope . . .
And then Christ came -
The light of the world.
so make your hearts ready

Each line represents the message of a single season. Combined, they present the message of christian hope which is ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home