23 March 2006

a day off . . .

Thursday is supposed to be my day off - I rarely take all of it. Today I was able to keep myself away from the office until about 3:30.
There was nothingness today. That is, after the excitement and commotion. Chelsea was leaving for San Antonio this morning. Dropped by the house to give us a kiss, and then called her mother less than five minutes later to say she had slid off the road getting out of our subdivision. I pulled on clothes, drove to where she was, and then called my friend with a much bigger truck. Ronny drives a F250 diesel - obviously 4-wheel drive. He snapped her out of the bar ditch quick as you please, and she was on her way.
She made it to San Antonio.
I need a bigger truck.
Then there was the nothingness of the day. Sleep, reading, a little TV - quite a relaxing day. Nothingness.
Those days are good for the soul - occasionally - just occasionally.
The nothingness this day reminded me of the tomb that held Christ. Dark - quiet - nothing.
It's good to remember things like this during Lent . . .

1 Comments:

At 24 March, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

Congrats on having most of a day off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home