25 March 2006

Back to the basics

The discipline of Lent takes me back to the basics. Daily introspection, prayer, bible reading, taking on additional disciplines - all of these thing remind me of a faith of my youth.

I will admit that I am more uncomfortable with the dichotomy this year. I want to continue on in my maturing faith - one that is steeped in free-form practice and thought. But Lent - especially this Lent - seems to be taking me back to a place where I practiced - emphasis on the word "practiced" - something more simplistic.

Maybe that's okay from time to time. I'll use a hunting analogy. My English Pointer, Crockett, loves to roam. We hit the ground, and he's off hunting his quarry. Every now and then, he comes back around to see what I'm up to - to check in with the "hunter with the gun."

Tomorrow is the Lord's Day. I wish you blessed worship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home