15 October 2005

a wedding . . .

I did a wedding for a friend this evening. I say a friend - she is actually the age of my children. In fact, she is 24, which means that I have known her half her life. Anyway, the wedding was beautiful, everybody was well behaved, and no one forgot their lines.

It's pretty cool to have been in one place for so long that you start marrying off the kiddos that attended your Sunday School when they were in 6th grade. The merits of pastoring in one place for an extended period of time vastly outweigh the detriments and difficulties.

Years ago, I asked God to give me a pastorate. Thus far, that's what He's done - given me a pastorate. Oh well, I'm happy.

Looking forward to services tomorrow. It's been a long week . . .

1 Comments:

At 16 October, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

How fun! Anyone I know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home