31 August 2005

Needing perspective capacity

I was watching the news a few minutes ago, and Brian Williams said, "As Americans get their minds around the scope of this tragedy . . ."

I must confess - I'm having difficulty getting my mind around what Katrina has done. I think it's "disaster overload" - I have lived through disaster after disaster, and at the moment, this seems like just one more. I know that isn't the right attitude to possess - there are hundreds of thousands of people in need in a neighboring state to which it would take me 15 to 18 hours to travel. I'm overwhelmed with thoughts - what would I do, how would I get there, would my help be what they needed, who would do my work while I'm gone - there are a hundred other questions.

So, my first prayer is this one - Lord, help me to know how to pray. Then help me know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home