19 August 2005

sometimes we just pray . . .

I guess we're just getting to that age . . .

My Dad died in April. Since just a week before that, I have helped three friends bury a parent. Now I have another set of friends who have lost parents.

I have some friends here in Enid who are in the midst of more loss and tragedy than any one family should suffer. Yesterday, they buried the husband's father. Just before the funeral, the wife's father passed away. And last week, the wife's sister was in an accident, and she is in a coma - prognosis actually not very good.

I have another friend whose ex-husband and father of her sons is struggling to recover from a second heart surgery. He has diabetes, and his prognosis is still critical.

Sometimes, when our friends hurt and we can't do for them what we would like to do, we just pray.

I ask you to pray for these two families. My prayer request for you is specific - I ask that you pray for comfort from our God, and peace in the midst of upheaval. In one case, I ask you to pray for healing.

Simply, sometimes we just pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home