17 August 2005

When there's nothing you want to say . . .

So, my sister said this afternoon, "You haven't blogged in dayyyyyys!!!" To which I said, "I don't have anything to say." To which she said, "You always have something to say!" To which I said, "I don't have anything to say that I would want to put on paper or out there in cyberspace." We agreed that it's a wierd world where we are sometimes just blank pages - we have ink, we have paper, but putting the ink on the paper is tough.

Truth of the matter is - I probably have some things to say, but they fall into one of several categories. They are either (1) things that everyone else is already saying, and doing a better job of it than I would, thank you, (2) things that probably shouldn't be said outloud, on account of the pain others might experience as a result, (3) things that are simmering and will be better stated when the soup is poured, or (4) mindless.

So, when in doubt, send an e-mail. One of my parishoners sent this little ditty, via e-mail. It made me smile. Maybe it will make you smile as well.

Subject: 22 Lines to Make you Smile

1. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.
2. I Work Hard Because Millions On Welfare Depend on Me!
3. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

4. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
5. Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.
6. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
7. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

8. I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.
9. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
10. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.
11. God must love stupid people; He made so many.
12. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
13. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

14. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
15. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!
16. Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up.
17. Procrastinate Now!
18. I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That?
19. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
20. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!
21. The trouble with life is there's no background music.
22. The original point and click tool was a Smith and Wesson.

2 Comments:

At 18 August, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 18 August, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

LOL, what I meant to say was-- #3 is OH SO TRUE when it relates to #11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home