13 August 2005

Late night musings

First things first - it's my Mom's birthday. Happy birthday, Mom!!! (I did send a card)

I've got to get a digital camera . . . on my way to the Habitat site this morning, I passed the old Enid Cemetary, and someone had placed a "Yard Sale" sign right there on the corner. I laughed for miles and hours.

I couldn't be more proud of my little church. Today, I had a couple of my men show at the Habitat site to help us do some prep work for the big workday in a couple of weeks. They were up and at 'em at 7:00 in the a.m.

Then about ten of us helped move a couple from apartment to their new home. Both of these wonderful people are blind - I am constantly amazed at the independence of visually impaired folks. Anyway, four pick-up trucks, two loads each, and the job was done in less than 3 hours. Kudos to the movers. People talk about the advantages of a larger church, but the community I find in this small congregation of real people is astounding.

If you haven't already read Tim Youman's post from today, move your mouse as quickly as possible for some of the funniest stuff on the net. Real life is oh, so funny, don't you know.

We've had wonderful, beautiful rain this evening. Such a relief.

Good Lord's Day to you all tomorrow. I'll post the sermon when I finish it in a little while.

1 Comments:

At 23 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a small church had a theme song for attitude, maybe the theme from "CHEERS"

...Wouldn’t you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, And they’re always glad you came.

You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows your name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home