27 May 2006

The new pup . . .

I decided on my new pup. I had been thinking about getting another dog - Crockett is 8 now, and it's time to "retool" on the hunting dog. I like pointers, and decided this time around that I would look at a female. I may breed her to Crockett down the road - we'll see.
Anyway, I went to look at the available females this morning, and the one I had wanted has already been spoken for. That left, I thought, only one option - a rather gregarious black faced female (perfect markings). I really didn't want a black one, though, and then I found out that the runt of the litter hadn't been spoken for. Lemon pointer with cute markings, and she's not so much of a runt that I'll worry about her. She's interested in most everything, pointed the quail wing pretty well, high activity, and held her tail straight and high. I watched her for about 30 minutes, and then told the owner that I'd pick her up next weekend. I'm thinking of calling her "Cindy" or "Amy." I'll let you know.
Brought Travis home for the weekend, and he is already destroying stuff. His mischevious childhood is never ending.

2 Comments:

At 30 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pictures?

Why don't you run a name contest?

kh

 
At 31 May, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

Need a kitten to go with?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home