22 May 2006

A lull in my spirit . . .

Some of this comes with the increased pace (although I can't imagine what a person who is so incredibly unbusy has found to keep one so occupied) of the mid-spring season, but I find myself in something of a spiritual lull. Not in a "religious" spirit sense - more of a personal, "what am I here for" sense - nothing dramatic, either positive or negative. Marking time - no pace, and relatively no direction.

Some of it is the plodding of the increasing tasks associated with moving back into the out of doors after the long winter - getting the yard in some semblance of shape, working in the garden (don' even ask - dandelions are a crop, aren't they) and paying some attention to the house. Then that whole process is repeated at the church. Monotony - bordering on boredom.

Next to last Symphony Board meeting tonight - I'll be glad to relenquish the reins. Looking forward to retooling and putting my volunteer efforts in some other things.

As an aside - did I tell you that Travis is playing softball. I haven't seen a game - probably need to - but I'm being told that he's doing well. That doesn't surprise me - he has always had great eye-hand coordination. I think he plays 2nd base . . .

I'll try to write more often.

1 Comments:

At 24 May, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

Tis the season for lulls. And to answer your question, yes, dadnelions are a crop. You can eat the leaves,like in a salad, but the bigger they are the more bitter they are. Try using bacon grease for the "dressing". And the yellow dandelions can be breaded and fried. Ok, personally I've never actually tried either of what I've suggested, but have heard people talk about them.

I think watching Travis play softball would be quite the experience!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home