24 May 2006

Winding down Easter . . .

Easter is winding down - this coming Sunday is "Ascension" Sunday, and then we are full force into Pentecost.
I noticed yesterday that we have Easter Lillies blooming in the church flower bed. What a glorious exclamation mark to the end of the season.
I've been thinking about adding something to this blog - I have kept this thing rather benign - politically speaking - and I've done so on purpose - two purposes, really - 1. I am a huge separation of church and state advocate, and 2. I don't want to irritate my readership. Okay, there's a third reason - every "religious" blog that I read that dabbles in the "political" tends to take up that cross to the point that they forget to mention the "religious" any more. I don't want to ever go there.
But I ran across something this afternoon in one of the mags I take - Christian Century - insightful, stimulating, all of the appropriate reasons to take a mag. There is a question about clergy silence in this issue, and a journalist is quoted as saying "three years into the war against Iraq, the silence of the clergy is deafening . . ." So, I am faced with something of a dilemna.
I may venture out here into the "political" a little - still contemplating. It could come in the form of a detached, separate blog. That way if the politicos want to read what I think, they can go over there and do it.
Do you have opinions??

1 Comments:

At 27 May, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

Do with your blog as you see fit. You can always have a disclaimer if you feel like you really need it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home