28 April 2006

On turning 49 . . .

Today is my birthday!!!!!

One should pontificate on what one has learned on such a momentous occasion.

1. I have now lived 17897 days - or I could say 2548 weeks - or 588 months.

2. A man should not be docked time at work for time spent fishing.

3. Most television is a waste of time - but occasionally necessary, and often enjoyable.

4. As my Dad said, "Aging isn't for the faint of heart." Sound observation.

5. Life doesn't get any easier, but the choice to smile and laugh at the little things does.

6. Wisdom and intelligence aren't the same thing!!

7. Staying put in one place is better than moving around.

8. My memory isn't what it used to be.

9. My memory isn't what it used to be.

10. Rush Limbaugh doesn't know squat.

11. It rains on the just and the unjust.

12. God is good - all the time.

4 Comments:

At 28 April, 2006, Blogger Dr. Mike Kear said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 28 April, 2006, Blogger Dr. Mike Kear said...

PS: I really like your "aged" observations. In reading #10, I thought of Al Franken's book, Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot.

 
At 28 April, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

Have a fantastic day! Go ahead and take off 10 minutes early today! Heck, I'm going to take off 10 mins early because it's your birthday!

 
At 28 April, 2006, Blogger David said...

If you still know me, my name is David, and it is my birthday too! Awesome points you put on;)

Greetings from Purdue University!
...I hope that helps a bit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home