30 March 2006

Heading toward a sermon . . .

"You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart."

This thought couples with Jeremiah 31:31-34 quite nicely, and is the direction I am intending for the sermon this week. Jeremiah says that God says, "I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts." I like that image.
I've entitled the sermon "Intra-cardia Faith." I'm thinking about this idea of God writing God's law on our hearts and teaching wiscom to our secret hearts. We know what we think. God knows what we think. We may as well cut to the chase and meld our heart toward the heart of God. It makes sense. And in some strategic sense, it even works toward and understanding of our freedom according to the design of God - not that we are obligated toward God's law, but that we learn to desire the parameters of God's law. Or something like that . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home