10 February 2006

unraveling the mystery . . .

You may have noticed that a couple of posts that I did last week have been deleted. This troubles me on two fronts. First, I didn't notice it. On Wedensday the 8th, I looked up and noticed that I hadn't blogged since Jan 31. So I wrote something of a catch up post. Then, later in the day, my sister asked why I had deleted one of my previous posts. I hadn't noticed. Then yesterday my mother mentioned that another post was missing. I hadn't noticed that one, either. So, my first point of disturbance is in my short-term memory - why didn't I notice these things.
The second is more insidious. Where did they go. I did not delete them, and so I am left to suppose one of three possibilities, one of which I must summarily dismiss. One - Blogger is having some kind of tremendous difficulty, Two - the actual server on which my information is stored had some kind of hiccup, and Three - someone actually messed with my personal computer in my office. I dismiss option three, and so the mystery continues - I am in communication with Blogger to find out where my missing posts went. I will keep you posted (pun intended).
To repost the gist of what I said previously - the first post commented on my tendency to avoid political discussions because of my position of Pastor of my church - that I tend to err on the side of caution in perceived conflicts between church and state. I also admitted in that post that I am not necessarily proud of myself for taking this stance, and that I wish I felt the freedom to post more of my political thoughts.
The second missing post linked to a data source which posted Bono's speech to the National Prayer Breakfast. Here is that link again. I also said in that post how proud I was of Bono, and that I felt that his speech was nothing less than prophetic.
Again - I did not delete these posts, and they're whereabouts remains something of a mystery to me.

2 Comments:

At 10 February, 2006, Blogger Clint said...

The safe bet would be that the Bush Administration is deleting your posts in order to keep Bono and his revolution of U2 fans from rising up and taking over this country. Clearly, that has to be the explaination.

 
At 12 February, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

You know, Starslate does make a point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home