08 February 2006

and when you haven't blogged in eight days . . .

I just noticed that I haven't blogged in February. I'm surprised you people keep checking in here to see if I have anything to say . . So . . .
Enid Plainsmen - they are now 15-4 on the season. I've watched these guys since they were in the 7th grade, and it's a blast to watch them come of age.
State of the Union - not really disappointed - of course, I didn't expect much, and that's what I got out of it - not much.
Super Bowl - it was a pretty good game, I thought. Most people expected Pittsburg to win, including moi.
Starbucks - they're over there working on the building every day. Things look good.
Academy Award nominations - were there any surprises here - I don't think so. Of course, they won't ever show Brokeback Mountain in Enid . . .
Baptists - there's a lot of blogging going on surrounding a variety of subjects. I know a couple of the people in question personally, and so I won't blog on the subject.
Winter - they're having winter somewhere. Just not here.
Rain - ditto to the above.
Travis - we're fighting with DHS about how to best take care of our son. I get a little tired of the run-around.
Cornerstone - continues to be wonderful - week in and week out. I would wish for everyone that they could know this kind of sweet fellowship just once in their lives. This group of people gives a whole different twist to the idea of church and christianity. We vote on the budget this coming Sunday pm.
Books - still reading Jimmy Carter's Book, Our Endangered Values. Working on one called The Seasons of Life. Picked up a new one (to me) by Henri Nouwen - Making All Things New.
My preaching - not as good as last year at this time. I'm a little disappointed. I feel a little stale.
God - good to me - all the time.
That's enough for now . . .

1 Comments:

At 09 February, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

Perhaps if you don't feel your preaching is as good as this time last year it's time to take a small...short...mini vacation with just you and God and a fishing pole. I bet the two of you could work some stuff out over on Tenkiller or Keystone (if they have ANY water in them now a days).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home