31 January 2006

ending the season in style

Crockett the "wonder dog" and I ended Pheasant season in style this morning. We harvested one beautiful "rooster" pheasant, and then went over to another field and popped a couple of quail. He worked so hard. At one point in the day, we were simply crossing a wheat field, and he kept running back to me, looking with this glint in his eye - he was having a blast. They joy of bird hunting really is watching the dog work. I think I bagged 10 pheasants for the season. Much fun.
Can you believe January is over. I'm having such a difficult time (yes, my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek) deciding what to do this evening - watch the Enid Boys play basketball, or watch W. give his speech. Basketball or speech - basketball or speech. Hmmmmm.
Still praying for rain.

2 Comments:

At 31 January, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

Doc I wish you could've danced in the rain with me Saturday! I thought about you. I really missed Cornerstone on Sunday too. I bet the choir sounded like angels!

 
At 07 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how did you fix 'em? Broiled?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home