28 August 2005

4 months

I actually started this blog just before Father's Day as a place in which I could put down on paper some of the things I was thinking after my Dad's death this spring. Tomorrow, it will be 4 months.

In three weeks we will pass his birthday - there will be no celebration. Then it will soon be six months, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter next spring. Each event will be a milestone - the first without Dad - and I only really feel one thing for sure. Things have changed for me.

Things aren't worse - except in the sense of missing him and wanting to be able to talk to him. Life is pretty much the same otherwise. But things have changed. For the time being, I have less patience - time seems to be clicking off at a faster clip. There isn't really any more urgency - just less patience. I have less patience for people's games. I have less patience for non-commitments. Strangely, I have less patience for impatience. Figure that one out . . .

This has been the year that friends my age have been losing their parents - at present count, I think six of my friends have lost a parent - and that's just in the last 4 months. That's when I started taking notice - when I started counting.

That's when things changed . . .

1 Comments:

At 28 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that I have been one of those who have caused you impatience. I apologize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home