03 January 2007

The Pilgrim Sojourns to Romania . . .

Friends,

I am making final preparations to leave for Romania this Friday morning. I will be traveling with three other pastors to Bucharest, and then Larry Stevens and I will travel on to Deva, some 150 miles west (in the mountains). There, he and I will preach and lead a pastor's conference with some 20 Romanian pastors for three days. We will journey back to Bucharest, and minister there for another couple of days before we return to the States on the 13th.

I covet your prayers.

I do not make these long trips casually. Partly because I do not travel well on airlines for long distances. And I miss my bed when I am gone. But I feel the hand of God in this, and I need to make this trip.

Sharing ministry with pastors whom I do not know is not daunting, except in the sense that I do not currently know their needs, or what they might best profit from as I am there. I can talk about any number of subjects - what is the most profitable for them??? There will be a distinct language barrier (although several of them speak rather good English) and they live in rather meager accomodations. But I understand their spirit is good, and so I expect to profit as much as will they.

I do not know if I will have internet access, but should I, I will attempt to post to this site.

The Sojourning Pilgrim

2 Comments:

At 03 January, 2007, Blogger Gary Snowden said...

Richard,

Blessings on you as you travel to Romania. I'm off the Guatemala on a similar trip just a few days later--Jan. 16-21.

 
At 06 January, 2007, Blogger Leslee said...

Godspeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home