30 November 2006

Where in the World have I been . . .

Absentee blogger sought - and finally found . . .

Well, hunting season isn't over, but the trips are done for now. The fall take - three turkeys, four hogs, three deer. The freezers are full - now it's time to starting chasing the dogs as we hunt pheasants - news from the high plains is that there aren't any quail . . .

I have caught up somewhat on sermon posting - still missing one, but you can catch up on several on the Cornerstone Pulpit.

Snow in Enid - of course, unless your head is in the clouds, you seen the reports on the news - they're saying that we're going to get between 8 and 12 inches today. So far, I can report that they're probably on track . . .

Advent starts Sunday - I'm really not ready for this - think I'll work from the Old Testament for the Sundays of Advent - and then hit the gospel on Christmas Eve. It should be interesting, especially since the sermon resources I typically rely upon have nothing to say about the OT.

I feel that I need to apologize to you for my blogging absence - I have been licking my wounds and grieving the loss of a friend over some things I said in a sermon, which was of course, published on a blog. Blogging is a transparent sort of thing, and I cringe when I am attacked for what I have to say. But, I will take the advice of other friends, and crawl back into the saddle with my opinions - such as they are . . . During the Advent season, I intend to have a few things to say about the season.

Thanks for checking back in . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home