14 September 2006

Ragweed and the Hunting Dog . . .

I can report that the ragweed in Jefferson, OK is "world class" this year.

As Deer season is approaching, I had need and opportunity this morning to travel north, for the expressed purpose of hanging a deer stand. I decided to double up on the opportunity, and so I took Amy on her first field outing. She was so excited. I didn't run a check cord on her - just let her run loose. She never strayed farther than about 50 yds from me, coming back to check on me regularly as we walked through the fields. She flushed some meadowlarks, smelled every different kind of flower, and ran through a covey of quail. She is so small, and the weeds were so tall, she literally bounced from place to place around the field. She had a blast.

I got my deer stand hung, and a feeder.

And I sniffed a snoot-full of ragweed.

1 Comments:

At 15 September, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

That's my kinda girl, stopping to smell all the flowers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home