13 September 2006

a report from the front lines . . .

First off - I saw gasoline for $2.11 this morning. I filled up for $2.15 yesterday. I feel like I live in Walmart - the prices keep falling . . .

Spoke to the Dean at the college yesterday. I had an experience last week where my new obligation to be at the college conflicted with my perceived need to be a pastor, and I didn't like that feeling. So, I told him that I won't be teaching again come spring. I shared with him all the things I like about teaching, and the things that I don't like - how I have gotten past nearly everything I don't like, but that I wouldn't be able to get past this feeling when I am needed in both places at the same time.

As an afterthought as I was leaving his office, we discussed the possibility of me teaching an "on-line" class. I kinda like that idea - can fit the teaching more into my hit-and-miss daily schedule, get to use the computer, and will be bringing in a little cash to boot. We'll see . . .

It looks like Enid has a football team. They've won the first two games - got behind this last Friday night, and then they took control and won the game. This week will be something of a test, and then week 4 is the real deal - against Tulsa Union.

We've had a little cool snap - it got down into the upper 40's last night. It's supposed to be warmer by the weekend. Anyway, the grass is slowing down a bit . . .

Amy has reached the "brat" stage. She looks at me, and says, "I don't have to do what you say." We may have to introduce her to "Mr. Shock Collar" sooner than I wanted to. I think tomorrow I'll take her north early in the morning and let her run in the pheasant field. I'm looking forward to the look on her face when she gets her first whiff of pheasant. And I'll hang a deer stand.

Headed to Missouri for a pastor's conference on Sunday evening. Will Willimon is the speaker - he's a guru to most moderate pastors. I'm really looking forward to it.

That's all for now . . .

2 Comments:

At 13 September, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

I'm loving the falling gas prices. I need to find something to keep the cheap gas in... hmm... I'll have to think on that for a while.

An online class might be better then the up in front of the class class.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with highschool football yet. I will someday though.

I love the cooler weather! It could stay like this for a couple of months and I wouldn't complain.

Amy might not like Mr Shock Collar, but if she thinks she has a mind of her own she just might have to meet him. Maybe she's young enough to learn quickly that she hates it and what she needs to do to not have it put back on. Can I borrow the collar sometime. I have a girl that can be bratty too....just kidding.

See ya later.

 
At 13 September, 2006, Blogger Gary Snowden said...

Richard,

Looking forward to seeing you at Windermere. Scott and I will be attending again this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home