16 August 2006

a full heart . . .

For the strangest of reasons, my heart is full this evening. Not really sure why - there has been enough activity and plenty of troubling distractions to have caused even the most stalwart of servants to be a little on the depressed side - but I'm feeling a little chipper and full of faith.

This week has been crazy. I made the huge mistake of agreeing to teach a course this fall at the local college. I will be teaching "Social Problems" - which sounds like a wonderful opportunity to make young Democrats . . .

Anyway, this week has been inservice. Over in Tonkawa. That's an hour each way, three days in a row. I learned virtually nothing Monday, absolutely nothing on Tuesday until the 3 pm meeting, and nothing today. Why do they have these meetings . . .????

However, tomorrow, I learn about the interactive television system I will be using to help deliver classroom sessions to remote locations. I actually did my Doctorate in the area of distance education, and so that part of this course will be rather interesting, I think.

Amy is doing super. Smarrrrrrrttttt. When I have her "whoa," she waits until I verbally deliver the next command until she responds - she actually ignored a visual command this evening until I delivered the verbal command. I don't know if that's what I really want, but I think she's tremendously smart.

I noticed that I'm only getting 3 hits a day on this blog right now - could that be a factor of the reality that I'm writing about once a week????

1 Comments:

At 17 August, 2006, Blogger Leslee said...

3 hits a day could be the results of your sparadic posting.

Amy is a smart pup, she likes my Peanut.

I think I took that Social Problems class at NOC a few years back. It was intersting. I was on the watching TV side of things but managed to not sleep through each class. I'm sure you'll do a fine job.

Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home