18 November 2005

So glad, so glad, I'm new born again . . .

She said that the shot would be the worst part of it. She was right!!

Yesterday afternoon, I had the dreaded ingrown toe nail cut out at the Podiatrist's office. After the 1 minute surgery (the deadening process took 5 minutes), the surgical assistant wrapped the toe with lots of gauze, and I was off and on my way. Continuing to take the anti-biodic and the generic Loritabs (I love Loritab), and I literally have zero pain. This morning I removed the bandage, took a nice hot shower, put on a little anti-biodic cream with a band-aid, and actually wore a shoe.

Which all befits my sermon title for Sunday - "It's the little things that count."

Opening morning of Deer gun season is tomorrow. Wish me luck. Buck, doe - it mattereth not to me - I am a "meat" hunter.

Have I told you folks lately that I pastor the best church in the world?? Still true - I suspect it will be for the next 20 years.

Gotta plan the worship service and write a sermon. I think I'll lead with the "Big Toe" story - at least the boys will sit up and listen (even if the mothers turn a little green).

2 Comments:

At 19 November, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

Something to look forward to!

 
At 19 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuckkkk!

If you're going to describe it, you could at least include a few close-up pics!

Can't wait to read your sermon. It could be worse, though. You could have had a boil on your bum. Thank God for the little things in life!

k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home