30 October 2005

potpourri - did you miss me??

Well, let me catch up.

Well, the hunting trip was a success - we had a really good time. Gary, Mike and I went to McAlester, OK for a traditional archery hunt - stick and a string. We saw plenty of deer, but no one harvested an animal. The best part of the trip was the fellowship - we had a really good time, met some other hunters, and we joked and kidded and laughed until we're ready to do it again. Outdoors stuff with friends is wonderful.

Yesterday was six months since Dad died. All of my memories are sweet - how I would love to have another hour with him - to hear his voice - to catch up on what's been happening to us . . .

Church was awesome this morning. Something about the service really touched me - I don't know if I was tired or what, but I was rather weepy during the service. There was a line in one of the hymns - "friends on earth and friends in heaven." Then there was this tremendous theme of grace running through the service. Call me - I'll tell you about it.

Did I tell you we had a great time at McAlester??

Now, some really sad news - a pastor in Waco, Texas was electrocuted today as he was performing a baptism. University Baptist in Waco - about 800 in attendance. Evidently he reached for a microphone while he was still in the water. Check out the link above. Remember to pray for that church, his family - I suspect they will all have a difficult time for many years to come. Can you imagine trying to do the next baptism . . . how they will all feel. Keep them in your prayers.

Enough for now - more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home