11 July 2005

Passport #5

Welcome from Kentucky . . .

I traveled with J.D. (our youth minister) and three of our young people to beautiful Louisville, KY. This evening, two more of our boys will fly in, giving us a total of 7 (I think my math is correct - I'm still a little punchy from the trip). One of the ladies who runs the place says that there are around 300 campers this week. Small, intimate, relaxed - my kind of camp.

Passport is always great. Morning Celebration, Bible Study in the morning, worksite over the lunch hour until around 2:30, free time and activities in the afternoon, worship and devotionals in the evening, and they have a dance every year - yes, a Baptist youth camp with a dance. What a concept!!!! And I got this kool blue and pink t-shirt. Theme for the week - LOL - stay tuned for what that means.

Our kids are doing great!! They are involved, engaged, gregarious, non-slacking - all the things their parents want to hear. I think the thing I like the most about this camp is the interaction with those who are in need - the mission projects. I am with a group who will be working at a homeless shelter - we toured this morning, and they house nearly 200 every night, and feed between 1200 and 1500 every day. Quite an operation.

Didn't know we would have web access this week. Check in every day, and I'll try to keep you posted on what's going on. Parents can get a message to their kiddo through me, if you like.

2 Comments:

At 11 July, 2005, Blogger Monk-in-Training said...

I just picked up my yougest from youth camp in Oklahoma, beautiful relaxing time, I wish I could go! :)

 
At 13 July, 2005, Blogger Dan Trabue said...

Where'd y'all stay? I'm in Louisville and my wife works at one of the homeless shelters that you all may be heading to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home