25 June 2005

Arid and dry . . . for now

Writing requires many things, not the least of which is inspiration. For me, the inspiritation usually comes in the form of observations that cause me to ponder for a moment, and then ponder in greater depth.

Things get in the way of writing. I have wanted to spend some time writing here, in my new blog, but something important got in the way - my sermon for tomorrow.

I have been dreading this sermon for weeks. Every since I noticed that the story of Abraham's intended sacrifice of Isaac would be my subject matter, I have dreaded this week. And it proved to be very much a difficult experience - birthing this baby. My personal feelings - it is a story filled with horror and terror, and thus it is a horrible and terrible story. I really hate it.

So, this week, my writing of the sermon pulled me away from the blog. Not because I didn't want to write - but my focus on the sermon produced spiritual myopathy. Because of the importance of this sermon, and the largeness of it, I couldn't focus on anything else, and because of the terribleness of the sermon material, there wasn't really anything else in me for the last several days, anyway.

Like being in a blogger's desert - camped in an oasis full of cacti.

1 Comments:

At 26 June, 2005, Blogger Dr. Mike Kear said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home