12 July 2005

Listening Out Loud

Tuesday at camp - theme - Listening out Loud.

The silence of listening can be deafening.

Two of our boys finally arrived at 2 am at the Louisville airport. So, I must confess - I slept through morning Bible Study. Then off to the worksite - the Homeless shelter. I listened to two extremely interesting, young ministers - in their early church experiences.

Something about the service tonight. The OT story about listening to God in the still, small voice. Then there was a reference to Romans 8 - my favorite chapter, and then a reference to Psalm 139. Listen with me again . . .

Lord, you have searched me, and know me. You know my movements, you know my thoughts, you know directions. You knew me before I started knowing myself. You protect my foward direction, and you protect me from behind. You know more about me than I can imagine.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Wherever I try to go, you have already been there - heaven, hell, darkness - You illumine my darkness.

It's been a while, but God spoke to me tonight in a different kind of way - and I'm not sure He used any words.

Oh, well. Listening is hard work. Maybe sleep will help. Sojourning off to the mattress . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home