09 December 2005

Friday Potpourri

Yesterday was a big day.

In the early afternoon, I signed the papers that transferred ownership of the top two floors of the Knox building to the Symphony. We are now co-owners with Advanced Foods of the building that houses our Symphony. That culminated a year of negotiations, and serves to help guarantee the Symphony's long term success in Enid.

Then I left, and went to my toe surgery. I had the forethought to ask the assistant to send in the doctor before she injected the anesthesia into my toe. He took a look at my healing, and determined that I have a pretty good chance that the nail will grow back just fine. So, I successfully avoided a rather painful experience - at least for now. We'll see . . .

In the p.m., our Habitat chapter had our annual Christmas (no controversy for us) dinner. I completed my six year tenure as a board member, and received a plaque of recognition for my second year as Board President. I feel really good about where this organization is - especially compared to where they were six years ago. Back then, they were'nt doing very much, had a questionable reputation in town, and didn't have any money. Today, we have people lining up to work with us, we build 1 - 2 houses a year, and we have $100,000 in the bank. Habitat has become another family for me, and I love their ministry.

Then I went home and finished processing my deer. I can pronounce that the freezer is full. Now, we chase quail and pheasant.

Check out my friend Ed Vineyard, and his blog, The Militant Moderate. He has a unique perspective on this "Christmas vs. Holiday" controversy - I like what he has to say.

Today - finish the worship service, and write the sermon. Plenty to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home