30 November 2005

catching up . . .

Well, let's see . . .

I posted a wonderful Advent devotional website on the Cornerstone Universe blog. This is produced by Passport Camps, and they do quality stuff. Check it out.

Harvested my Oklahoma deer yesterday morning. I was sitting quietly by 6:30 am, under a cedar tree at Pond Creek - watched the sunrise at 7:14 am, and then pulled the trigger at 7:45. Probably a year and a half old buck, field dressed at 120 lbs. He'll eat well. Yes, I know that Oklahoma deer are considerably larger than Texas deer. So why do I continue to keep a lease in Texas? Four reasons - vacation, beauty, hogs, and Texas.

Have you started shopping? I pretty much come from the Ed McMahon school of Christmas shopping - Christmas Eve is never too early to start.

My friend Bryan wrote a nice piece about worship on his blog, Gentle Warrior. Check it out. BTW - I happen to be rather well acquainted with his mentally handicapped friend.

Are you having a good Advent - it's seriously a time of preparation. Preparation and waiting. While we think that "Jesus is coming - we'd better look busy," we each must take opportunity to do some active, quiet, thoughtful waiting. Block out some time - you'll be glad you did.

1 Comments:

At 30 November, 2005, Blogger Leslee said...

Yeah, Doc, I've started my Christmas shopping. I like to get a jump on it, however I've noticed the last couple of years that I end up loosing track of time and end up with you on Christmas Eve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home